Friday, September 17, 2010

Julian Young on Nietzsche and a touch of Nietzsche's Music

There is a very interesting interview with Julian Young concerning Nietzsche and Young's new intellectual biography of the man. Check it out. Also, on the website for Young's book, can be found recordings of performances of Nietzsche's own musical compositions. I found this VERY interesting, I had not previously had the chance to hear them. They can be found here.

P.S. The discussion concerning how we should think about Heidegger's History of Being continues in the comments section to my previous post. I have found it very thought provoking. Check it out if you haven't already and feel free to join in.

1 comment:

  1. Bill, thank you for this. I've been interested in Nietzsche's music for a long time. I see that now there's a lot available (haven't looked in a long time). Even Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau sings on one of the recordings. Will check out the interview.

    ReplyDelete