Monday, May 7, 2012

2012 Ancient Philosophy Society and Heidegger Circle

I just returned from Atlanta where I was attending the 2012 meeting of the Heidegger Circle at Emory University. Two weeks earlier I was in San Francisco for the meeting of the Ancient Philosophy Society at the University of San Francisco. Both meetings were, as usual, amazing.

I am planning on sharing some summaries and thoughts about several of the papers I attended at these two meetings. Unlike last year, when I promises to post about each day of the meeting of the A.P.S. and failed to do so, I will make no specific promises here. I will write something about those papers which I attended, found interesting, feel I have something to say about, remember well or have time for. In other words, I wont be mentioning everything that was presented at each conference and those papers I fail to mention are in no way left out based on an assessment of their quality or importance. As always, everyone is welcome to comment especially the authors of the work I mention particularly if there is any question of the accuracy of my memory and (admittedly partial) summaries. Also feel free to email me with any concerns.

My organization wont be as neat as last year's posts about the A.P.S., rather I shall move back and forth between discussions of each meeting at will. I will make clear, however, which group I am discussing at any moment. More to follow soon.   

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it was great to meet you this weekend...I'm glad you'll be updating your blog! See you next time,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, it was great to meet you too and I look forward to seeing you again at future meetings. I enjoyed your paper as well.

    ReplyDelete